Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5336
- Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:27 pm
- Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout
- Location: Fletcher, Vt
After taking a week off from fishing It was time to troll again before I drive my wife fully nuts this week.
Thursday looked good on Sunday, but that’s all a game we play. Little did I know weather would shift a day making FRIDAY the calm fishing lake day. After committing to Thursday we had to figure something out.
Ken and Joe jumped on with 15-30 north wind on lake with 3-6 footers out looked. We decided a slow cruise up and down the Winooski would scratch the itch on a day when the lake didn’t want to play
We started trolling up stream and turned around -after 7 miles and. Trolled half way back. We then started fishing cut bait and crawlers on n the big marks we saved on the way by earlier.
What a day… we started with bacon wrapped scallops on the grill for breakfast around 830am.. then hit the live steamer clams with hot butter around 10am for a followup snack. Wow. Livin now;)
After a few lunker smallies we worked up an appetite and had some maple pepper old bay rubbed pork spareribs… these puppies were heaven:) for some reason pork on a boat just works;)
Once we passed the dude on the bank who looked like a character from the movie hills have eyes… we decided to throw the ribeye on the grill to close out the day…
There is a saying… there will be no weight lost aboard Reelax. With each crew member bringing an item sometimes there is no time to cook up everthing!!!
By the way we caught a few fish and had a ball;)
- 18DFCCE3-4B8D-44ED-90FC-7DB5C946A10E.jpeg (261.92 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 64C09F59-7015-4866-9C6D-D8FF7B2053F9.jpeg (231.6 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- C2F187EB-8BA0-4E8C-AC3C-DB5497C33E0C.jpeg (216.75 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 6D2777FF-B4A9-42CF-ADF2-75A5B9183BB7.jpeg (230.87 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 8384FC24-4A2D-4891-A3FB-6BD5BFB9BA0D.jpeg (184.67 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 2B9E9549-096F-40B5-ACC1-BD14C000D42E.jpeg (215.94 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 74CCDB6F-760E-4982-A0B7-2DA8A3602BA5.jpeg (186.69 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 04026228-98DA-4784-BA6D-5ED036A151FB.jpeg (205.6 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 3B44874D-208F-4EB1-A7B4-5EA23ACB165A.jpeg (172.92 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 02B8229E-B79A-416A-878D-8AE1FE3F20C1.jpeg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 458 times
- 292A2BBC-AF97-48D0-974A-84791AB1FAB2.jpeg (159.92 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- FB4B36E3-24A0-445F-85A5-77681D653652.jpeg (221.43 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- 756C5B0D-F506-48BB-BF97-1DAAE28C2C77.jpeg (199.11 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- AB5953B9-CAA6-47AB-B211-B64D5BDD4C95.jpeg (184.36 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- A3D40A5A-65A4-4F5B-AE92-F14DFEE29B4C.jpeg (305.63 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- 4EF75361-18CE-40E7-BD71-FFEEF3C719E9.jpeg (303.19 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- A55994AD-252E-4B32-A79A-24B9AA59CF5C.jpeg (219.94 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- 32B303D4-B0DA-4C78-9595-7EFBA3D36D9A.jpeg (188.58 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- AE40B393-FDCA-4D98-9FCF-304B9D7C33E7.jpeg (202.64 KiB) Viewed 461 times
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:47 am
- Species: All of them
- Location: Jericho, Vermont
Way to make the most of a blow day! Those are some tank smallies, and they are a ball to catch. My son and I chased whatever was biting on Saturday and ended up catching some good smallies ... despite the fact that there was a bass derby going on. Caught a few that the tourny guys would have LOVED to catch!