Personal Agenda....

Share info on fishing Champlain.
ridge runner
Species: all

Personal Agenda....

Post by ridge runner »

Is it just me, or do others feel Lake Champlain would have better fishing if it wasn't bordering VT?
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Re: Personal Agenda....

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Most of Lake Champlain does not border Vermont. In fact, more than half of the lake is within the State of Vermont. I believe that the VT border goes halfway into the lake, not that the lake borders VT. In addition, the big Islands are within the State of Vermont and the inland sea is entirely within the State of Vermont. Therefore, more than half of the lake is actually within the State of Vermont, not bordering Vermont. I have fished both sides of the lake recently and have had much better luck within the waters of the State of Vermont vs. within waters of the State of New York. I have had some real good luck this year in Vermont waters. Is your question, would the portions of the Lake Champlain within the State of New York be better fishing if it did not border the portions of the lake within the State of Vermont? Therefore, I do not feel it.
Last edited by AmFishFil Thinking on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FishPole Thinking
the_doctor
Species: Whatever's biting

Re: Personal Agenda....

Post by the_doctor »

ridge runner wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:46 am Is it just me, or do others feel Lake Champlain would have better fishing if it wasn't bordering VT?
?? Not even sure what this means.
Vermont is one of the nicest places on all of Planet Earth and Lake Champlain one of the best freshwater fisheries anywhere. I am sure many would agree... even New Yorkers :D