Passing of Fishfinder

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Passing of Fishfinder

Post by Surprise »

Today I heard from Jim Larrow that his father and my Fishing Friend Julius Larrow passed this morning.

Picture 2004

Julius was a kind and generous man who I had the privilege of fishing with for many years. His boat a Glass Cuddy that I cannot remember the brand was named Fishfinder. He was good at finding them and catching them too. His usual run was to Ontario for the Pacific salmon and other cold water species after spring on Champlain. We both lived in New Haven and our mutual love of fishing allowed me to get Julius into frostbiting.

This was in the time of running side planers with spinning rods and the flies I tied. One of the best days out that I remember was on Fishfinder in Burlington harbor running a line from Oak ledge to Juniper crossing Proctor shoal. The Admiral Jud Swenor was on Helm with Julius, his cousin Skip and myself running the rods. The catching was non-stop with us pulling in the planer boards to retrieve the releases and reset as we went . What a afternoon it was with our story of boating over 60 fish.

My times spent with Julius aboard Surprise were always together laughing and sharing stories. Julius would always bring his own lunch of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a Pepsi to wash it down. In the picture above Julius burned the sleeve of his brand new Carhart Jacket reaching across the heater to steer the helm as I was out back with a fish. I smelled smoke and looked back and saw Julius on fire .....What a scramble that was. As you see Julius took it in stride still smiling saying his wife Midge might not smile as much when she saw that.

I'll miss you Pal and Remember now as you fish on the Pond above have Fair Seas & There are No Seasons Or Limit ....Tight Lines and Fish On!

Randy

Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Passing of Fishfinder

Post by Reelax »

A seasoned fisherman who has left behind many memories for friends to remember. I am sure he will be missed by all who knew him. Thanks for sharing Randy, and may Julius enjoy eternal tight lines and peace.
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Some great memories Randy! Thanks for sharing. RIP Fishfinder.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Randy - Sorry for your loss. Fishfinder sounds like he had it figured out. Anyone who could get Admiral at the Helm and you running rods must have been blessed. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends. I'm grateful to have another piece of the Frostbite History. Thanks for sharing. Godspeed Fishfinder
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

My neighbor Mike is connected to his son Jim somehow, maybe through the fire department? Addison County lost a good guy. Thanks for sharing this on here Randy.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Randy:

Sorry to hear about you losing your friend, but it appears your memories will keep his spirit active for many years to come! /JIM
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sorry for your loss Randy.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Tough.
None of us would experience the things we do if it wasn't for Men like that who lead the way.

Kick back and enjoy the Sun Ol' Boy. You earned it!
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

I’m sorry to hear about your good friend.
Some of us are fortunate to have maintained close friendships as we walk through life. Although I did not know your buddy, I was touched by your spirit of kindness as you honored him here.
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!