Monday afternoon solo frostbite trip: Converse.

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Monday afternoon solo frostbite trip: Converse.

Post by digitroll (ron) »

After the winds slowed down I ventured out at noon with the earlier encouragement from Surprise out with Carl on Randy's boat as the winds subsided from 15-20 mph to 10-15 mph. Put the deep program out solo one rigger at 62 ft and another at 50 ft with fixed cheaters 10 feet above. Lost two corkers when the wind starting coming up at 2 pm again to the morning strength pushing 20 mph. But finished with a nice Shoot Out fish that weighed 5 lbs 8 oz. weighed on Shoot Out scales and measured 23" and released. Tons of Lake trout today I think it was 20 and 2-5 on salmon. 4 pm pulled the lines. Sausage Gravy and Fat Buzzy were hot!

30 second You Tube video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgGEUq1XJI

Photo from Randy:

Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Re: Monday afternoon solo frostbite trip: Converse.

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Looks like the perfect day for big fish! I am glad you got out!
Todd
Todd
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

nice job ron,gettn it done solo!!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
digitroll (ron)

Fun afternoon! Windy last 8-9 days since my last trip out on the 28th.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Nice fish!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

awsome ron keep on chasing. betting you had the heater going. how was the bite where we lost the probe.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Beauty fish Ron. Glad you're able to go solo and get good bites.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Awesome Video Ron! I had a similar experience yesterday(Wednesday). Sometimes the Solo Trips are what we need!
TruViking

Post by TruViking »

How did I not see you?
digitroll (ron)

Saw a red / white glass boat off Cedar beach when I came out at 12:30 pm. Then later off Buckwheat in tight to the stairs pounding that shoreline till dark in short water. Not sure who it was.

First two hours in deep water on the NY side and the later 2 hours on the Vermont side forced from winds that came up. Garden Island I landed that fish and missed another nice one 5 minutes before that in the last hour.
TruViking

Post by TruViking »

Yes. That was me. Also running solo. I took the long trek from the coast guard station in Burlington and hit a few spots along the way, an exploration day as it were. Got around Meach and dropped lines. The water was rough on my way but subsided for a bit , as you know it picked back up in the late afternoon. I probably took in 20 lakers during the day. At 4:00 I got hit hard on a leadline, 8 colors(247' out/120' FOW) then the fun started . It came out of the water not soon after. By the time I got to the rod there was slack and before I got it in...... Gone... I believe it was a Rainbow but not 100% sure. Not even 2 minutes later I got hit on the downrigger. The action on the rod was all I needed to see. As the boat was doing 360's and approaching Thompson's, I landed my only Salmon of the day. I was a Beautiful fish. I was able to only weigh it before I had to put it back. 6 lb. 7 oz/ 67' down/ 80 foot behind the ball. Caught it on a crazy Ivan milkshake(go figure) with a homemade flasher me and my son made. No chance to get pics as I was all pproachong dangerously close to shore. I pondered keeping it but I assured her that we would meet again.
Fun Outing that ended well even with the pounding surf.
Thanks for everyone's contributions to the forum. Definitely have to credit the ma y pointers I have picked up in this forum for a lot of the success I have been having out there!
digitroll (ron)

Do you have a VHF radio? We monitor channel 68. Surprise was out and we were yacking it up earlier. The big fish were hungry that day! Thats great you were out and a nice fish you were rewarded with!
kman05446
Species: salmon/trout

Post by kman05446 »

Truviking, How long of a trip is it from the coast guard launch? Good luck the rest of the season.
TruViking

Post by TruViking »

digitroll (ron) wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:18 am Do you have a VHF radio? We monitor channel 68. Surprise was out and we were yacking it up earlier. The big fish were hungry that day! Thats great you were out and a nice fish you were rewarded with!
Still haven't been able to replace my fried VHF, hoping soon though.
Would have loved to have been part of the chatter!!
TruViking

Post by TruViking »

kman05446 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:48 am Truviking, How long of a trip is it from the coast guard launch? Good luck the rest of the season.
Kman05446:
So I run solely off my Kicker now-a-days. That fact, coupled with the (3) 15-20 minute sessions of trolling at different interesting(places I haven't fished much)spots, it took me 1.5 hours.
I wish you great luck and safe journey's as well

Ej