Disappointed!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Disappointed!

Post by Smelt_seeker »

I really don't know how to start off but when I joined I was hoping to find this group as a tool to meet people, learn new tactics, tricks and tip of the gear I use, learn lady champlain beyond where I have been. I was really hoping it would be good honest group not a bunch of s*** like facebook book. Im not really that into all the social media and stuff like most my age, id rather be out side. But I have only been on here for a limited time and it is just as or worse then Facebook. I post a couple thing next thing I know Im getting messages and threats, people all bunched up say im blowing up their spots up.
I ask for help not even a word. Even a “hey be cautious in this area because of a hazard” would be nice. I have seen and met a few from this group on the water and its great to have someone walk up and say hey are you on the forum. But then you go out and see others that practically run you over trolling and can’t even wave. They couldn’t be bothered to post or share info but are the first one at the ramp as soon as someone posted info. Its really a shame! There is a lot you can share without saying spots or at least general info. What a joke!

Ill end with
Good luck in the rotary!
Kyle smith
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Re: Disappointed!

Post by keithm87 »

Not sure who was giving you crap about the keeler post, everyone knows the salmon are there each year. So screw those people.

As for info, I don’t think there are a lot of Willsboro fishers on here TBH, most on this forum are East side or NY side south by westport.

I have no info on that area, but my guess is it’s like the rest of the northern part of the broad lake, salmon are sparse last couple years. But find the bait find the fish. They aren’t tied to structure and move miles each day. There was something on here a couple years back about a ragged salmon released at Ed weed caught a week later by the crown point bridge.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

I will also say that the truly active members of this forum who post regularly are good people and will give you all the advise they can.
60Fishman
Species: lake trout, salmon, bass

Post by 60Fishman »

I have found the forum very useful. So I guess if you don't like it don't belong. As far as the conduct on the water I have never had an issue with any LC fisherman. Go to Lake George in the middle of summer and experience that circus if you think LC is bad. Just trying to leaving the place in the middle of the afternoon can give you a migraine. Personally I can only get up to Westport a couple times a month so I am mostly a lake trout guy, just because when I do get out I want to catch fish. Right now I just don't have the time to dedicate to figuring out the salmon fishing, but i still like to read the posts and learn a lot. Even though someone may not be giving you an exact spot, nor should they, you can generally pick up the depths and type of tactics guys are using.
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

I used to post on here and the other forum frequently.
Unfortunately my biz is keeping me busier then ever.
There’s ALOT OF INFO ON THIS FORUM!!
It’s hard to believe your opinion to that

No one owns the lake, fish, recreate wherever! And no one should say different. That I agree with!
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
iceman
Species: salmon

Post by iceman »

Lots of people are very protective of there spots and lures . I will tell you where , how deep , and the lures that worked . I have seen the same , folks all secretive . don't let it get to you !
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Sorry you feel this way Kyle. There have always been folks who are very protective about spots, but no one owns them and as long as you show respect it is on them if someone is being an asshole... as far as help, Many here try to help
Where we can, but
Don’t always cover everything. If you have a burning question, send me a PM and I’ll try to help....

Keep your chin up and your balls deep... we fish for the pull... not the bull :o
Matt B
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Kyle, I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly. Consider the affects Covid 19 has had on this fishing group. I normally post some fishing reports, but I have to travel to Lake Champlain from NH. Vermont seems to want to keep us traveling fishermen off the lake. So, if I do make trips to the Lake, I wouldn't post on here because I'm not supposed to be on the lake. I know of other NH fishermen in the same situation. So, you will need to be more patient and maybe reach out to some of the regulars on this forum. You won't find a better group of knowledgable, friendly fishermen than right here on this forum. And don't forget about the search function. You can look up information about anything you want. Good Luck out there. I hear the fishing is really getting good :D
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Kyle:

Check out the topics under Trout and Salmon tactics. A lot of great ideas
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen