LCI congrats

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

LCI congrats

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

Back up for a long LCI weekend with my dad. We had a great weekend, not much sleep and plenty of stories . Fished through some rough conditions Sat and constantly changing to the conditions to find fish. Most of our fish were caught between 16-38 ft down. We boated 70 fish total from Thur through Mon afternoon. 46 lakers ranging from good Brook trout size up to 7.5 lbs. 23 salmon 18-22 inches. Our best were 2 around 3.9 lbs Sat afternoon which we decided not to weigh in after a friend called letting me know what he just caught. We also caught 1 big steelhead between diamond and Thompson's point on Friday afternoon, a day too early. I will say it's interesting at times fishing in heavy traffic wondering who's going where, when to turn, hold your line, etc. All in all it was good. We primarily fished diamond south, in towards Kingsland, Thompson's point to garden and across to split rock. We caught fish on an assortment of lures but a handful some I taped up Thurs night worked the best for us. Running custom taped vertical flash with the lures tight worked very well.
Overall we had another great weekend fishing and I want to congratulate my friends Harry and Neil Bodenrader on their great catch of the first place 7.22 steelhead caught north of diamond.
Tight lines
Kersten
Attachments
Screenshot_20190617-072446.png
Screenshot_20190617-072446.png (796.86 KiB) Viewed 790 times
IMG_20190617_123023.jpg
IMG_20190617_123023.jpg (125.01 KiB) Viewed 790 times
IMG_20190618_103316.jpg
IMG_20190618_103316.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 790 times
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: LCI congrats

Post by fishy1 »

wow nice steelhead lots of fish in champlain. i bet the stories were great. having fun is what its all about
Bulldogbish
Species: Salmon, Lakers

Post by Bulldogbish »

Those are some great stats! We spent 35+ hours on the water Fri-Monday and caught 20 fish (17 lakers, 2 salmon, 1 brown) but only targeted lakers when we would just need to catch something! This was definitely the slowest LCI we have had. Did manage to squeak out a good brown to place but tough going! Thats a great steelhead too, that must of been a fun boat to be on when it was netted!
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

Bulldogbish wrote:Those are some great stats! We spent 35+ hours on the water Fri-Monday and caught 20 fish (17 lakers, 2 salmon, 1 brown) but only targeted lakers when we would just need to catch something! This was definitely the slowest LCI we have had. Did manage to squeak out a good brown to place but tough going! Thats a great steelhead too, that must of been a fun boat to be on when it was netted!
Just yesterday between 530 and 7 we boated 12 Lakers and 1 salmon. The Lakers were very small, not sure but it felt like we got into a school of em. We'd get a bunch at a time then nothing for an hour or two. It felt slow to me but the little lakers added up quickly.