niagara bar here we come updated more pics may29th

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: niagara bar here we come

Post by Reelax »

Wow great job guys. Glad to hear your trip was such a success!!!

I wanna see a fishin report... please

Fish on!
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

5/21/2018 harry and i are back im still some tired and i will post pics as i go along this week. we got out 9 out of the ten days we landed approx 140 salmon 60 lakers 4 browns and 1 walleye that we got lucky on and won ist place in the loc spring derby. 12.1 lb eye that was the highlight of our fishing trip of a lifetime. lots to post so just be patient with me. i have to check my collage of pics and dates we caught so many fish that we really lost track . at one point just before we caught the eye harry and i were fishing 35 fow and landed 25 lakers in 1 hour and half all 9 to 13 lbs. we were busy. here is a pic of harrys ist place eye after landing it. we were in a hurry heading to the weigh station 4 miles down the road. met mike lazycs and reggie instingater out there which was nice chatted with them on the radio also. landing the eye was no easy task i didnt know it was in the net as harry jumped in front of me yelling back up i said whats up net was caught in the kicker ugh. but is a about 30 seconds or so harry got it out and then i got a good look at that beast of a eye and high fives started. we were fishing for browns and lakers when he hit on a blood run walleye copper rod.
here is our ist place loc eye caught at the niagara bar which is rare to win the derby. :D :DImage

Last edited by fishy1 on Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Great trip and always fun fishing with Matty. Sent him home with the trophy to show everyone
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Here you go Matt
Attachments
16533.jpeg
Hairbone

Post by Hairbone »

Loaded Matty up after spending the night at my house and by my calculations he was away from Port Henry 12 days 6 hours so many salmon were sparred a lip ripping...lol. just ordered a new fishhawk x4d that the bar ate. If we go next year we will go way the 1st Friday of the derby and stay 7 days. Spent 3 hours unpacking gear today.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

harry and i had a great 10 days of fishing even on shore when we fished. stayed at 4 mile campground in a yurt . grabbed some worms went over to the creek landed a bowfin ist 20 minutes there. had fun there despite the wind and cold. but on to the main lake fishing kings its was just awsome we caught lots of kings and lots of lakers when we fished for them. filled the freezer with kings and lakers for harrys brother and his freind kevin. then harry and i went to work fishing for the loc derby the last 5 days. we kept certain size kings for our freinds at home and released plenty. lost track of the count but all total kings and laker we landed over 200. we had some rough water to deal with and plenty got sick out there on boats including harrys brother ken. but we caught our limit of kings and then some. all boats out there were catching kings including mike lazycs and reggie instigator. a fun time anyone that has never caught a king you got to try it you will be hooked beleive me. my next goal is to catch one casting on shore and i met a father and son at the awards that live on the niagara river and invited me out in mid september . unlike the salmon river they catch them there on stickbaits no snagging. im looking forward to it and it will be a big challenge. i was telleing harry i want to hold a rod when a king hit well last friday i was letting out copper and held on to it for 5 minutes then what happened next was just amazin i had a hit and i was stunned as it almost pulled me over the back of the boat and the rod snapped back into me reeled it in and he broke me off . for the rest of the week i kept wondering if i would have landed that fish.
here is a pic of my last king for our fishing tripImage
Last edited by fishy1 on Tue May 22, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

Congrats to you guys Harry and Matt on your 1st place walleye, you pulled off what is normally won by an east end fish. The king fishing was the best it has ever been out there as I've been going out every spring for the last 30 years, just was tough to break the 20lb mark..Thanks to Harry for the spoon he gave me he painted up, it produced kings up until i lost it. Hope to see you guys out there again next year...
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1 wrote:harry and i had a great 10 days of fishing even on shore when we fished. stayed at 4 mile campground in a yurt . grabbed some worms went over to the creek landed a bowfin ist 20 minutes there. had fund there despite the wind and cold. but on to the main lake fishing kings its was just awsome we caught lots of kings and lots of lakers when we fished for them. filled the freezer with kings and lakers for harrys brother and his freind kevin. then harry and i went to work fishing for the loc derby the last 5 days. we kept certain size kings for our freinds at home and released plenty. lost track of the count but all total kings and laker we landed over 200. we had some rough water to deal with and plenty got sick out there on boats including harrys brother ken. but we caught our limit of kings and then some. all boats out there were catching kings including mike lazycs and reggie instigator. a fun time anyone that has never caught a king you got to try it you will be hooked beleive me. my next goal is to catch one casting on shore and i met a father and son at the awards that live on the niagara river and invited me out in mid september . unlike the salmon river they catch them there on stickbaits no snagging. im looking forward to it and it will be a big challenge. i was telleing harry i want to hold a rod when a king hit well last friday i was letting out copper and held on to it for 5 minutes then what happened next was just amazin i had a hit and i was stunned as it almost pulled me over the back of the boat and the rod snapped back into me reeled it in and he broke me off . for the rest of the week i kept wondering if i would have landed that fish.
here is a pic of my last king for our fishing tripImage
Hairbone

Post by Hairbone »

lazycs wrote:Congrats to you guys Harry and Matt on your 1st place walleye, you pulled off what is normally won by an east end fish. The king fishing was the best it has ever been out there as I've been going out every spring for the last 30 years, just was tough to break the 20lb mark..Thanks to Harry for the spoon he gave me he painted up, it produced kings up until i lost it. Hope to see you guys out there again next year...
That magnum peerless predator copper hex spoon black dots, white eye paired with blood run 1/0 trebble is deadly. Works all hours of the day. Will make sure the gang has plenty next year except for Ron...lol. oh, and that instigator guy who followed me around the walleye grounds...lol
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

lazycs wrote:Congrats to you guys Harry and Matt on your 1st place walleye, you pulled off what is normally won by an east end fish. The king fishing was the best it has ever been out there as I've been going out every spring for the last 30 years, just was tough to break the 20lb mark..Thanks to Harry for the spoon he gave me he painted up, it produced kings up until i lost it. Hope to see you guys out there again next year...
mike good to meet you out there its to bad we wernt at the campground when you came to visit. im looking forward to next year hopefully i will. still cant beleive guys were using cheaters. :o
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

nice job guys,congrats on the derby win!!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:nice job guys,congrats on the derby win!!!!!!
thanks jason appreciate that. how have you been doing out there?
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

fishing was good till last Fridays n.e.blow dropped the temps. and scattered the fish
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote:fishing was good till last Fridays n.e.blow dropped the temps. and scattered the fish
yes the same happened to us fish wernt there where we usually targeted them. had to hunt them.