Keelers

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cjpinvt
Species: all

Keelers

Post by cjpinvt »

The sun was shining but no fish for me. One bit but spit it quickly, didn’t get a look. Was using a Kroc rainbow (3/4- only size I could find). Couple other boats but I didn’t notice any activity. NW wind kept it chilly. Good luck.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Keelers

Post by fishy1 »

cjpinvt wrote:The sun was shining but no fish for me. One bit but spit it quickly, didn’t get a look. Was using a Kroc rainbow (3/4- only size I could find). Couple other boats but I didn’t notice any activity. NW wind kept it chilly. Good luck.
keep after them your going to connect.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

We were on Keeler's all afternoon Saturday. It was very slow, only catching 4 for ~6hrs of trolling.

Oh, the 4 were : 1 pike, 2 bass and 1 perch! You didn't think they were salmon did you?!? Water is still quite cold. We found a couple of pockets of 40ish deg water that we worked hard, but couldn't get a bite. Dead alewives everywhere along the ledges ... some of them are HUGE! I saw one that must have been pushing 8"!
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

We saw some big alewivs too some of the biggest i ever seen.
meangreen1
Species: salmon

Post by meangreen1 »

I was out there Sunday. Lots of skim ice in the morning and dead alewives. There was a guy who broke off one of his plainer boards on the ice and had to spin around to puck it up. It’s definitely weird listening to the boat and rigger cables cut through the skim ice. We lost a salmon on a Yuzuri pink and silver pin minnow at the mouth of Keelers just before we entered the bay. Trolled all around the bay with no luck. The water was 2 degrees warmer way in the bay at 40 degrees. We trolled back out and went over by Sandbar in front of the beach and picked up an 18” salmon 8’ down over 10 fow on a Michigan stinger In clown color. Would have been a perfect day if my main motor was working better but those are the things that make the first trip of the year so exciting lol.
TooBitts
Species: All Species

Post by TooBitts »

I saw some alewives today in the sea that were over 8" pushing 10.. Huge.
cjpinvt
Species: all

Post by cjpinvt »

I’m still trying for salmon number one! Well actually I got salmon number one trolling the causeway Monday in a friends boat...only one but my first. My real desire is to get one in my kayak. Even went this morning in the crazy south wind. Tried trolling with the kayak...nothing. Using Kroc .5 oz rainbow and perch since Saturday up there mostly casting. Got a large mouth in the creek today on thr perch Kroc. So far 3 bass no salmon!!!
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Congrats on getting number one. It's a good start for the 2018 season.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Keep at them-- you'll get them! It seems like they're starting to heat up.