Need help for this weekend

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Fishing Junkie
Species: Walley, salmon, brown

Need help for this weekend

Post by Fishing Junkie »

From Montreal, I would like to know where should I Launch this Sunday?

I don't mind about the species, but I think the lakers will be hard in front of the Winooski river because I guess it's going to be muddy. Can you help me? Your opinion is welcome.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Need help for this weekend

Post by Reelax »

Coastguard launch in Burlington would be best to access the mouth of Winooski. Good luck

Ps mud doesn't hurt. They feed by smell and lateral line anyway.
Matt B
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

Caught many champlain lakers in muddy water ...
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

they don't call them "Mud Hens" for nothing.

Get in that dirty water and run some Chartruse or Fire Tiger

DA
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
Fishing Junkie

Post by Fishing Junkie »

Thank you so much guys. I will be with a couple and my girlfriend and we just want to catch something. Would it be easier to go for lakers in front of the Winooski or salmon in the keeler bay? As long as we catch two fishs during the day we will be more than happy.

Last year I went to Port Henry 2 times and I liked it. Should I go down there? Which place would be the best?
Last edited by Fishing Junkie on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

I haven't fished either place this year, its been all south since November, and that's where I am heading this weekend again too.

Keelers next week if all goes well.
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

NICE FEEDBACK! :D
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Fishing Junkie

Post by Fishing Junkie »

Finally I will go down to Port Henry. Since I'll be leaving Montreal at 4 am to go there, I just want to make sure it will be fishable with no ice.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Fishing Junkie wrote:Finally I will go down to Port Henry. Since I'll be leaving Montreal at 4 am to go there, I just want to make sure it will be fishable with no ice.
no ice just left there
Fishing Junkie

Post by Fishing Junkie »

We had a great day (amazing) but no fish. We talked with other boats and nothing for them too. I'm asking myself how it was for others in tha bay today?
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Fishing Junkie wrote:We had a great day (amazing) but no fish. We talked with other boats and nothing for them too. I'm asking myself how it was for others in tha bay today?

Can be finicky down in Port Henry. Usually if you stick it out the fish turn in and give you some good action. I find that the wind turns them on.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Fishing Junkie wrote:We had a great day (amazing) but no fish. We talked with other boats and nothing for them too. I'm asking myself how it was for others in tha bay today?
a big brown or salmon around 8 lbs was caught at 5 pm right in front of me . i landed a brown in the morning and lost a salmon and another boat landed 2 salmon down near me. when the wind is still like that harry is right they are spooked easily. glad you had a nice day for i though. what size boat did you have and what color?
Fishing Junkie

Post by Fishing Junkie »

I have a Red Lund Tyee 1900 (2013) with a 150 mercury and a 15 mercury. This weekend, I'm going to Oswego on Friday and if the wind stays as strong as they say, we are going to fish on lake Champlain on Saturday on our way back to Montreal. I'm so bad at lake Champlain. So far 2 times out of 3 I get skunked but love this lake and the place. If we go down on Saturday and if somebody wants to come with us and teach us a little bit that will be great. We have one or two places left in the boat.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Fishing Junkie wrote:I have a Red Lund Tyee 1900 (2013) with a 150 mercury and a 15 mercury. This weekend, I'm going to Oswego on Friday and if the wind stays as strong as they say, we are going to fish on lake Champlain on Saturday on our way back to Montreal. I'm so bad at lake Champlain. So far 2 times out of 3 I get skunked but love this lake and the place. If we go down on Saturday and if somebody wants to come with us and teach us a little bit that will be great. We have one or two places left in the boat.
Looks at the first pic of my Port Henry series for lure colors in lure craft. 5-10 down on the riggers. 125' back. Small. Sticks on boards. Greens & blues. Troll the trenching, bridge to green can. And if that doesn't produce hit up the Cheever hole.
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Sat winds in Oswego are out of the sw looks like rain in afternoon recipe for spring browns if you ask me I would
Not be leaving Mexico or Oswego till the winds switch to the west.2 weeks ago same conditions we did 10/12 with 3 over ten lbs with 15-20 mph s-sw winds Up on Champlain what are you using for setbacks we typically run 100-150' off our boards I saw you last Sunday but I will say we struggled Sunday in the blue sky conditions
So many Lures So little Time