Need help for Sunday, Where should i go with the kids

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Fishing Junkie
Species: Walley, salmon, brown

Need help for Sunday, Where should i go with the kids

Post by Fishing Junkie »

We are headed to Lake Champlain tomorrow morning (Sunday 24). Where are going with two kids 12 and 13 years old. We want theme to catch fish. Last week I was in front of the Winosski river, was good Saturday but nothing on Sunday. I have a 19 foot Lund Tyee boat with downrigger, planner boards etc. I 'm ready to go to Port Henry or up north to Keller bay or Winosski river or what ever. Doesn't matter the type of fish between salmon, lake Trout or brown as long as they can catch fisha. Where should I go?

If we have two fishing licences (two adults), can we put two lines for each adult and two other for the kids for a maximum of 8? Or can we fish with 4 lines maximum?

Thank to you, we are from Montreal.
charlietuna
Species: What ever will bite

Re: Need help for Sunday, Where should i go with the kids

Post by charlietuna »

Fishing Junkie wrote:We are headed to Lake Champlain tomorrow morning (Sunday 24). Where are going with two kids 12 and 13 years old. We want theme to catch fish. Last week I was in front of the Winosski river, was good Saturday but nothing on Sunday. I have a 19 foot Lund Tyee boat with downrigger, planner boards etc. I 'm ready to go to Port Henry or up north to Keller bay or Winosski river or what ever. Doesn't matter the type of fish between salmon, lake Trout or brown as long as they can catch fish. Where should I go?

If we have two fishing licences (two adults), can we put two lines for each adult and two other for the kids for a maximum of 8? Or can we fish with 4 lines maximum?

Thank to you, we are from Montreal.
Make the trip to Port henry! We fished down there recently (See my report Blood bath at Bullwagga)
I am new to this type of fishing and we crushed the fish there the other day.
I still know people who are fishing there and are pounding fish today!
I cant get back down there for a while.
I have tried keelers and caught a few, but what a joke compared to the Port henry area.

Yes, it is a long drive, but worth every minute of travel time.
I had the best fishing since I have been up in Vermont (3 years) this past week.
Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do!

CT
Fishing Junkie

Post by Fishing Junkie »

Thank you very much.. I will go down the kids will love it, and the dad's too. ;o)). I will post pictures tomorrow and let you know how it went.
Thank you very very much.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Fishing Junkie wrote:Thank you very much.. I will go down the kids will love it, and the dad's too. ;o)). I will post pictures tomorrow and let you know how it went.
Thank you very very much.
good luck tommorrow.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

fishing junkie port henry is doing good right now. Hope you get those kids on some fish I will be on 68 give me a shout. I'm also taking a full load out myself 5 of us altogether more than I like but I don't know how to say no to friends. Hoping I can get them on fish also. Weather is looking better than it did yesterday good luck and tight lines
Fishing Junkie

Post by Fishing Junkie »

We got back without a real chance to fish. We arrived at 7 h 20 and the winds were strong. We got out, 20 minutes later my kid was not feeling good. We decided to go back to land et wait a bit. We have waited for 2 hours but most of the boats got back. We went back home (3 hours drive). I will get back next weekend if the weather is on our side. Thank you all for your help, it was really appreciated.
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Post by Dirtyhooker »

Today's wind and waves were brutal we quit at 10
So many Lures So little Time
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Same story on the Hudson today, non stop north wind. Toughed it out all day, saw one striper come in, we hooked nothing but a few shad.
WavesCurrents&Ice
Species: Trout, salmon, walleye, bass

Post by WavesCurrents&Ice »

The winds were pretty stong even in Willsboro where I fished until about 1 pm, not alot of fun casting into the wind for a fly fisher but the fishing on the other hand was great!
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

fish sunday morning till 9 no fish strong north wind went back out a 4 fished till 7 went 2/4 both came off riggers only one release on boards no one home. always next weekend but then its off the water for a few weeks till the rotary work calls
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

going to be north blow all this week to right through the weekend. at least you mad an attempt chad i wasnt in town sunday any boats out there fighting the wind. i know harry made one pass and gave up.