Keelers bay 4/16

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Keelers bay 4/16

Post by Reelax »

Hit Keelers with DA at 1st light Saturday. Found bait and hooks in 12-16 fow and worked small sticks off otter boards. 1st pass, one salmon, 2nd pass swing and a miss, 3rd pass, nice fat 22" silver and a slightly smaller twin for doubles...

. This went on for a while, till 8 prince crafts showed up and the bite died. But not before we pulled in a nice brownie.

We searched fresh water for a while, but the bite was where we thought it would be.

Perch challenger and blue and pink challenger were best sticks...

Off by 1
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Keelers bay 4/16

Post by C-Hawk »

Nice job good to hear about a bite up North. Must have been the hat.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

Very nice fish you got. Just picked up a challenger and a pin minnow, hope to head to some relatively quiet water on tuesday.. SOunds like you caught a handful today.
Thanks for sharing
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

C-Hawk wrote:Nice job good to hear about a bite up North. Must have been the hat.
That's by lucky fishin hat, when the bite gets slow, it comes out to help the action... :oops:
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Reelax wrote:
C-Hawk wrote:Nice job good to hear about a bite up North. Must have been the hat.
That's by lucky fishin hat, when the bite gets slow, it comes out to help the action... :oops:
Mmm What about in July?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

nice fish matt.
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Headed to Keeler in the morning. Shakedown run. Need to make sure that the DYP winning boat is ready to go. :)
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Well done Matt and Dave.

Michael
NHfishin4fun
Species: Bass/Pike/Salmon

Post by NHfishin4fun »

Nice job and nice to see fish on in Keeler. Not quite so happy to hear about the crowd that joined you though. I'm not a big fan of fishing in traffic and as much as I hate to say it, I'm hoping the success down south will attract some of that traffic where there is more room to spread out. That early season concentration in Keeler does tend to really focus the boat traffic. Hopefully I'll be out there in about 2 weeks for my first shot of the year but it sounds like I'm going to need to plan on finding some good alternative spots.
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Nice catches gentlemen. Keeler Bay did me no favors this morning. Not a hit on anything. Not complaining. The weather was great and the seas were calm. Didn't feel crowded, but we counted 10 boats at one time trolling around us. Only one had a wide spread of planers. Everyone was very respectful. We also took a peek along the State Park shoreline and found nothing. This was a shakedown run and glad I did it. Starting battery seemed to charge well, but didn't have enough life to fire up the electronics in the engine. New battery tomorrow. Ready for the DYP.
sonny88
Species: salmon

Post by sonny88 »

Nice job, Reelax! What's the limit on prince crafts this year??? :)
Fishing Junkie
Species: Walley, salmon, brown

Post by Fishing Junkie »

As a Canadian, I have always felt welcomed to the US for fishing the lake Champlain. Reading this post, don't really know what to thing. One thing for sure, people have always been nice when I was talking with them. I understand your feelings, but when I see some American up north in Quebec at Lake Albanel, where fishing is amazing, I always do my best to make them feel welcomed et comfortable. I try to help them with my knowledge of the lake. I hope the dynamic doesn't change. :?
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Fishing Junkie wrote:As a Canadian, I have always felt welcomed to the US for fishing the lake Champlain. Reading this post, don't really know what to thing. One thing for sure, people have always been nice when I was talking with them. I understand your feelings, but when I see some American up north in Quebec at Lake Albanel, where fishing is amazing, I always do my best to make them feel welcomed et comfortable. I try to help them with my knowledge of the lake. I hope the dynamic doesn't change. :?
Nothing negative meant by this post.... I was just commenting on the brand of boats that showed up. I had heard there was heavy traffic
this spring in Keelers, and I was amazed at how many trucks were parked in the little launch by 9am. It litteraly went from no boats at
1st light to 10+ by 8am and I didn't know where they all came from till I saw the launch in the bay. I know the spot can't handle that
much traffic so as soon as the fleet showed I moved to new water... Everyone is welcome on the lake, doesn't matter where you tow your
boat from.
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

C-Hawk wrote:
Reelax wrote:
Mmm What about in July?

The hat stays in the glove box year around.. If the fishing is slow in July it will come out long enough to get some action... Even if it is too hot for summer, it still works... :?
Matt B
SUNFISH
Species: perch

Post by SUNFISH »

Anybody have an idea what the water surface temperature no is at Keeler Bay??
Just trying to decide if I have another two weeks to hit Keeler for Spring salmon?
Dick